Orthotics is the design, fitting, and fabrication of support devices such as orthopedic braces, casts, and body jackets, which are worn externally. Orthoses help support weakened or impaired joints and/or muscle groups, including the neck and spine. Some people can stop wearing an orthosis after several weeks or months, when the injured body part is healed; others with ongoing conditions need supportive devices indefinitely.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
• Upper extremity and spinal orthotics
• Lower extremity orthotic management
• Post Polio Syndrome
• Diabetic shoes and inserts
• Soft goods – ankle gauntlets, carpal tunnel splints, and knee braces, etc.
• Custom fabricated foot orthotics
Our professional staff has been certified to develop orthoses using these technologically advanced systems:
• Charleston Bending Brace for scoliosis
• Cranial Helmets for cranial remolding
• Reciprocating Gait Orthosis (RGO)
• Sure Step
• SPL (Swing Phase Lock) Knees
• Walk-Aid (Functional electrical stimulator)